Now I may have hurt my mom's feelings with that last post and so, in an effort to grow not only in love but in humility, I have to say that there are so many times when making life easier on the people around you is - most definitely - the loving thing to do. I am the envy of all my friends and colleagues when my mom comes to visit and have been the blessed recipient of my mom's TLC after giving birth and every single year during periods of stress when I've just needed an extra pair of hands around the house my mom dutifully flies across the country and makes everything better.
My struggle is the personal struggle of knowing how best to love a child depending on the situation, how to figure out what response is called for, and when to push them to meet a challenge and when to step in and help them out.
It's ironic because I work in a church, but I rarely turn to prayer to help me figure this stuff out. Maybe I should start...
No comments:
Post a Comment